History

MORE THAN 100 YEARS OF HISTORY

Canals & Munné is a small family business dedicated to the production of medium and high quality wines and cavas since 1915, when Josep Canals Capellades, great-grandfather of the current oenologist Òscar Canals, started the activity. The house’s coat of arms symbolises the water channels that carry cava and the towers, forming the union of the brand, together with the leaves and grapes from the vineyards.

Josep Mª Canals Casanovas, son of the founder, together with Dolors Torres Munné, was part of the 2nd generation of the cava. As a result of this union, Montserrat Canals Torres, the current manager, was born.

Currently, Òscar Canals Medina is in charge of the winery as oenologist and Ivan M. Canals as commercial director. Francisco Medina Gutierrez is in charge of production. The house’s 5th generation, Òscar and Nil Canals Gramisel, was recently born.

We currently have two cavas, the old one from 1915, located in the center of the town dedicated to weekend wine tourism, and the new one from 1998 located between the vineyards, for the elaboration of the best cavas in the area.

During the last years we have won several Great Gold, Gold and Silver Medals, in different national and international contests that have made us catapult the brand to the highest prestige of the sector. The last ones to the World contest of Brussels, like better cava of the contest.

90% of our cavas are qualified by the Cava Regulatory Council as Gran Reserva cavas. The remaining 10% are Reserva cavas.

At present the winery is selling wines and cavas, both nationally (Madrid, Bilbao, Valencia, Badajoz, Barcelona, Gerona, Lérida, etc …) and internationally (Japan, USA, Costa Rica, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Andorra, Denmark, Brazil, etc …).

Cava Vella (Restaurant)

Pau Casals Square, 6

08770 Sant Sadurní d’Anoia (Barcelona)

From 10’00 to 20’00 h

Every day of the year except December 25, January 4-6 and June 24-27-28.

Cava Nova (Visits)

Road from Sant Sadurní to Vilafranca, Km 0,5

08770 Sant Sadurní d’Anoia (Barcelona)

From 10’00 to 20’00 h

Every day of the year except December 25, January 4-6 and June 24-27-28.